On 14 Jun 2001, Jesse wrote:

> I've been handed the responsibility of designing a new automatic build
> process. Currently we use manually edited Makefiles for all or our C,
> C++ & java code. We will be scrapping almost all of the C & C++, so that
> it will be 90% java. I would like to make it easy on the other
> developers, so that changes can be easily updated.
>
> Any ideas on the best tools for this. I would like to have dependencies
> built in so that incremental builds only recompile the code that has
> changed. I will use Imake for the C & C++ so that is is portable (Win32,
> Linux & Solaris) but I don't need to portability for the java stuff.

        Take a look at ANT from the Apache Java Project. We're using it with
        great success here. I highly recommend it.

        http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/index.html

        Cheers,

        Marcus

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
           \_&&&&'     Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 49086750