Hi

Thanks for the previous tip on how to install the JRE on a CF-card.  I've
now installed Familiar v.0.4 and Blackdown JRE 1.3.1 RC1 on a Compaq Ipaq
(16 MB flash-ROM, JRE on pcmcia CF-card). So far, so good.

But after I've installed "additional-ipaq-stuff.tar.gz" everything starts
to go downhill again. I lose all fonts in the "desktop start menu"
(except for numbers). I cannot read a single letter in any submenu. The
fonts in the different programs - xterm, system monitor, etc - seem to be
ok. I don't see any suspicious error messages at startup, either.

Does anybody know how to fix this? ( Or perhaps you could give me a map of
the menu's layout so I know what the different buttons are for :) )

On the bright side: Java seems to be working when i xmodem in from my pc.

Best regards
Jøran B. Sandberg