On Mon, 2 Jul 2001, Jøran Barkhald Sandberg wrote:

> Thanks for the previous tip on how to install the JRE on a CF-card.
> I've now installed Familiar v.0.4 and Blackdown JRE 1.3.1 RC1 on a
> Compaq Ipaq (16 MB flash-ROM, JRE on pcmcia CF-card). So far, so
> good.
>
> But after I've installed "additional-ipaq-stuff.tar.gz" everything
> starts to go downhill again. I lose all fonts in the "desktop start
> menu" (except for numbers). I cannot read a single letter in any
> submenu. The fonts in the different programs - xterm, system
> monitor, etc - seem to be ok. I don't see any suspicious error
> messages at startup, either.

Remove /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/Type1 (you'll get warnings about
missing fonts when starting Java then, just ignore them) or switch
to another Blackbox theme (e.g. 'Familiar').

> Does anybody know how to fix this? ( Or perhaps you could give me a
> map of the menu's layout so I know what the different buttons are
> for :) )

Edit /root/.blackboxrc:

session.styleFile:      /root/.blackbox/styles/Familiar

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux.html