I just upgraded (er, was upgraded without the option by systems admin)
to Linux 2.4.2-2 (Redhat 7.1). I took the chance to upgrade
Java3D from 1.1.1 to 1.2.1. The Java is j2sdk-1.3.0 from Blackdown.
With my earlier levels of Java3D and Redhat 6.1 I was developing in 3D.

Now the HelloUniverse test program for Java3D sometimes does
nothing and hangs, sometimes shows a gray window with nothing in it and hangs,
and sometimes works properly.  I can get all three cases active
on the screen at once.  Larger java3d programs do nothing and hang.

Any ideas what to do?

Stu Wier
frozen out in Boulder

--

Stuart Wier                              UCAR Unidata Program
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                           P.O. Box 3000