Jøran:

I'm not very familiar with strongARM support in GNU.  I'll talk to some people that
would know
more  Monday.  I think you mentioned you have no auto* tools on the box.  One possible
solution
would be to build a crosscompiler on another box and build the strongARM/linux
binaries with the
tools.

I'm answering emails from an internet caffee tonight.  I'll be able to help more on
Monday.