Wow, html rendered by JEditorPane looks nothing like the nice looking figure in
Niemeyer and Knudsen's book "Learning Java" (O'Reilly).  Gaps between letters
within words are as large as gaps between words.  I've built the JEditorPane using
defaults, and my runtime environment is Blackdown j2sdk1.3.0.  Before I start trying
things, has anyone already figured out what it takes to render respectable html?

Thanks,

Dick