On Tue, 2004-11-16 at 10:34, Zachariah Baum wrote:
> I have mozilla-firefox 1.0 and j2sdk1.4.2 installed on my amd64 machine
> and copied "libjavaplugin_oji.so" into my ~/.mozilla/plugins directory.
>
> Upon starting firefox, and entering "about:plugins" into the location,
> you can see that it loaded the plugin successfully, but if I try and run
> any applet, the browser immediately crashes.
>
> Has anyone had any luck running applets in firefox on amd64 machines?
I can't speak to the AMD64, but a common problem is that the .so file
needs to be a symlink rather than the "real" file.  Particular
installations may vary; as I understand it the problem is that related
files are searched in the directory of the plugin, and the symlink is
needed to point to the version in a directory with all the files.