Ross Boylan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I see
> Hit ftp://ftp.tux.org sarge/non-free Packages
> Hit ftp://ftp.tux.org sarge/non-free Release
> and I no longer see the error.  Has anything changed on the site?

No.  Maybe it's a problem with apt, I think I got this error once or
twice on unstable after adding new sources to sources.list, but I
can't reproduce it anymore.

> apt-get dist-upgrade continues to report j2re1.4 is held back.

Does it install with 'apt-get install j2re1.4'?
(Note that removing j2se-common is OK, it's obsolete.)

        Juergen

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://www.blackdown.org/java-linux/java2-status/