> [Tue Sep 28 13:22:21 1999] [notice] Apache/1.3.9 (Unix) ApacheJServ/1.0
> configur
> ed -- resuming normal operations
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: sun/tools/javac/Main
>         at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.processRequest(Compiled Code)
>         at org.apache.jserv.JServConnection.run(Compiled Code)
>         at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

Ok, so that error is that the servlet (GNUjsp) cannot find that class.

> The INSTALL text file that comes with the gnujsp distribution states that if
> I am running JDK 1.2, I should include tools.jar within my classpath.  I
> have tried both wrapper.classpath=/var/java/jdk1.2/lib/tools.jar in the
> jserv.properties and/or respositories=/var/java/jdk1.2/lib/tools.jar,
> neither seem to work.  I checked my tools.jar file and it does have that
> class within it.

It would go within the wrapper.classpath for that jserv server. did you make
sure to restart the apache jserv after adding that to the classpath? You
might also consider adding the rt.jar file to the classpath as well.

> Am I crazy or shouldn't this be working?  I have looked through all kinds of
> documents trying to see if there was something that I misconfigured.  I have
> been pulling my hair out for three days.

yep, it appears as though it should work...;-(

-jon