Title: RE: Error when running servlet on Linux

Check your import of the mySQL classes. (import mm.*) Also,make sure the class hierarchy is loaded into your servlet directory as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: L. Li - Research [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2000 8:10 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Error when running servlet on Linux

Hi,

I installed JDBC(mm.mysql.jdbc-2.0pre5), java1.2.2 and Java Servlet Web
Development  Kit(jswdk-1.0.1) on Red Hat Linux 6.2 with Apache 1.3.12 and
Jser1.1.  During the intallation of these software, I followed the exact setting
steps. The servlet program works fine when I run the local Web browser to access
the database(built on Mysql). But when I run the servlet program using a remote
Web browser to access the database, I always get the following error message:

   "A network error occurred while Netscape was receiving data. (Network Error.
    Connection reset by peer) Try Connecting again."

But I am sure that the network is OK. Could someone tell me how to solve this
problem? I really appreciate your help!

     Thanks,

     Peter Li