On Sep 15, 2005, at 12:55 PM, James Huang wrote:
Thanks Jason.

I wonder if that's the same as

  queryString + " publisher:Manning"

and pass on to the query parser?

I will emphasize the other comments made on this regarding the Analyzer. I recommend against programatically adding to the string passed to QueryParser because of these types of issues. You can aggregate a parsed expression Query into a BooleanQuery with other programmatically created Query objects (such as TermQuery in this case).

    Erik

-James