Lucene's WildcardQuery *does* support "postfix" queries - however QueryParser does not allow such an expression to pass through. You can create a WildcardQuery with a Term("field", "*whatever") and search with that. All caveats about WildcardQuery, performance, and maximum number of boolean clauses apply.

    Erik