Hi,
I would like to by-pass the IndexWriter and directly write the terms and their frequencies to the index (and may proximity info later on). I might have missed any discussion if previously. As far as I know, the high level API in Lucene only allows you to add documents (which are populated by terms) to the index through IndexWriter. These are resolved to low-level method calls and written to the index. However, I'm getting the following information (term frequency pairs) to be push to the index: t1->f1, t2->f2, t3->f3 and so on. In other words, a functionality equivalent to IndexReader's termEnum, termDocs for IndexWriter (for directly pushing the terms to a document which already exists in the index ).

Is there a way to use the low-level API (FieldInfos,TermVectorWriter etc.) securely without breaking the integrity of the index?

Which classes I should be looking at specificaly?

Regards
Murat