Well, that's a problem you must already be solving. Somewhere, you have to
construct your DB query and recognize what constitutes a "term". From your
previous mail, you imply you can construct this query...

select count(distinct Crew_ID) from Crew_TItles where Title="Producer"

Where did you get "Producer"? Presumably you have some rules for turning the
form-entered data into a SQL query, I assume just the contents of the entry
box. So I don't see why it's at all hard to replace all spaces with
underscores and send the result term to Lucene. Whatever your process, you
have to decide what user entries you use for Title="blah". When you've
isolated the "blah", just do the substitution.

Or I completely misunderstand your problem, which is entirely possible.

Best
Erick