: I am indexing the price of some items in my index . I have quite a few
: number of indexes. I want to sort the  items according to the price . is
: there a way to include all the indexes at one go while sorting or I have
: to do it one index at a time...

I assume you are using a MultiSearcher, or perhaps a MultiReader? ...
either way you should be able to use the Searcher.search(Query,Sort)
method (or any of the other Searcher.search methods that take a Sort
parameter)

-Hoss