On May 18, 2006, at 11:33 AM, Marcus Falck wrote:
But it will still require A LOT of RAM just to cache!

Well, the more RAM you have the better when it comes to Solr responsiveness, I'm sure. But, Solr leverages some caching cleverness so the queries and filters used most frequently are in RAM and lesser used items get dropped from the cache and loaded dynamically. Quite cool stuff! I'm just beginning to leverage it myself and its working nicely.

        Erik