Hi,

A new project that I am investigating lucene for needs the Parts of speech information for the tokens. I can get that information using NLP techniques (GATE etc.), by pre processing the documents but I would like to store that
information in the Indices. Something along the lines of

TermVectorOffsetInfo[?].getPartofSpeech();

I am writing to ask for your advice, you can tell me I am b o n k e r s or let me know where I should start digging :). Is that a good idea? Or would it be just less trouble for me to store the offset information along with parts of speech
outside Lucene.

Has anyone else done that?

Best,
Amit

ps: Thank you for putting the LuceneInAction source online, it was a great help to see the CategorizerTest.java.
I am ordering my copy of the book tomorrow :)

Amit Kumar
Research Programmer
The Graduate School of Library and Information Science
University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign IL, 61820
phone: 217-333-4118 fax: 217-244-3302