Perhaps I am speaking too quickly, but I would try by not grabbing the value of the field for every document in the results set. Someone will see that value or use it for a couple million hits? Could be I suppose...but if not than axe it. Grab the first few thousand (or MUCH less) and if they need more head back in and grab more.

- mark

I need all values of a certain field from each document. More specifically, I need a compilation of all symbols in the result set.