From: Michael J. Prichard
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 12:29:31 PM
Subject: Indexing large sets of documents?

I built an indexer that runs through email and its attachments, rips out
content and what not and then creates a Document and adds it to an
index.  It works w/ no problem.  The issue is that it takes around 3-5
seconds per email and I have seen up to 10-15 seconds for email w/
attachments.  I need to index 750k emails and at those times it will
take FOREVER!  I am trying to find places to cut a second or two here or
there but are there any suggestions as to what I can do?  Should I look
into parallelizing indexing?  Help?!

Thanks,
Michael