It's the same when I try to open the index with luke

-----Original Message-----
From: Erick Erickson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 01 August 2006 15:24
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: FileNotFoundException

two things come to mind....

1> are you absolutely sure that your reader and writer are pointing to
the
same place? Really, absolutely, positively sure? You've hard-coded the
path
into both writer and reader just to be really, absolutely positively
sure?
Or, you could let the writer close and *then* try the reader to see if
it's
a timing issue or a path issue.

2> You say that the indexer is still open. Is there any chance it hasn't
yet
written anything to disk? I'm not sure of the internals, but there has
been
some discussion that internally a writer uses a RAMdir for a while then
periodically flushes the results to disk. It's possible that you're
writer
hasn't written anything yet.....

3> (so I can't count). Have you used Luke to open your index to see if
that
works (and the file is in the place you expect)?

FWIW
Erick

On 8/1/06, WATHELET Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For the index process I use IndexModifier class.
> That happens when I try to search something into the index in the same
> time that the index process still running.
>
> the code for indexing:
>           System.setProperty("org.apache.lucene.lockDir", System
>                 .getProperty("user.dir"));
>         File folder = new File(getIndexPath());
>         Directory dir = null;
>         if (folder.isDirectory() && folder.exists()) {
>             dir = FSDirectory.getDirectory(getIndexPath(), false);
>         } else if (!folder.isFile() && !folder.exists()) {
>             dir = FSDirectory.getDirectory(getIndexPath(), true);
>         } else {
>             System.out.println("Bad index folder");
>             System.exit(1);
>         }
>         boolean newIndex = true;
>         if (dir.fileExists("segments")) {
>             newIndex = false;
>         }
>         // long lastindexation = dir.fileModified("segments");
>         writer = new IndexModifier(dir, new SimpleAnalyzer(),
newIndex);
>         dir.close();
>         writer.setUseCompoundFile(true);
>
> Code For searching: