Marcelo Ochoa wrote:
 Then I'll move the code outside the lucene-2.0 code tree to be
packed as subdirectory of the contrib area, for example.
 Other alternative is to make an small zip file and send it to the
list as attach as a preliminary (alpha-alpha version ;)

This sounds like great potential addition to Lucene!

I encourage you to create an issue in Jira and attach your code there now. (Anyone can create themselves a Jira account.)

There's no need to wait until it is cleaned up: attach an initial version to an issue and describe what you intend to do next, then attach improved versions later. That way other folks can provide input, and, heaven forbid, should you for some reason lose interest before it is polished, someone else can complete the work.

Thanks!

Doug