Hello group,

The coord(q,d) normalisation is "a score factor based on how many of the query
terms are found in the specified document." and described here:

http://lucene.apache.org/java/docs/api/org/apache/lucene/search/Similarity.html#formula_coord

Does this have a theoretical base? On what basis was the decition make to have
it? Does anybody know a paper (in Information Retrieval, Information Seeking,
etc.) or other more general information about this?

Best Regards,
Karl

P.S.: This is my second question about Lucene scoring (current version). It
relates to the question I posted on the older scoring version. I decised to
repost since most people here seemed not to read it since it relates to an old
version - well actually it doesn't.