From: Karl Koch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2006 8:35:55 PM
Subject: Re: Lucene scoring: coord_q_d factor

Hello Paul,

thank you for providing the link to that paper. I read it again, and you are
right. I discovered the following text part:

"In normal term co-ordination matches, if a request and document have a
frequent term in common, this counts for as much as a non-frequent one; so if a
request and document share three common terms, the document is retrieved at the
same level as another one sharing three rare terms with the request. But it
seems we should treat matches on non-frequent terms as more valuable than ones
on frequent terms, without disregarding the latter altogether. The natural
solution is to correlate a term's matching value with its collection frequency."

If I do not misunderstand that extract, I would say it suggests the
combination of coordination level matching with IDF. I am interested in your
view and those who read this?

Are there any other papers that regard the combination of coordination level
matching and TFxIDF as advantageous?

Cheers,
Karl

-------- Original-Nachricht --------