Hey Erick,

Thanks for the quick response. I need a truly exact match. What I ended up doing was using a TOKENIZED field, but altering the StandardAnalyzer's stop word list to include only the word/letter 'a'. Below is my searching code:

String[] stopWords = {"a"};
            StandardAnalyzer sa = new StandardAnalyzer(stopWords);
            QueryParser qp = new QueryParser("symbol", sa);
            Query queryPhrase = qp.parse(symbol.toUpperCase());
            Hits hits = searcher.search(queryPhrase);
            String hit;
            if(hits.length() > 0){
                hit = hits.doc(0).get("count");
                count = Integer.parseInt(hit);
            }

Is the reason it wasn't working due to the fact that I'm passing in a StandardAnalyzer? I thought that maybe the searching mechanisms would be able to use or not use an analyzer according to what the field.index value is.

One other question that you may have an answer to: I'm eventually going to need to alter the stop word list to include all default stop words, except those that match certain criteria. Can this be done?

Thanks,
Ryan