Hi Walter,
let me explain my problem in detail
I have a web page let user to create his own query simple
for example a user want to locate a service with specific value. so he/she
doesnt know exactly the name of the service so I have to provide a list of
services available (say in a combo box) and after selecting the service now
the user can enter the value for that service so I will build the
appropriate query and send it to the lucene.
but my problem is how to display all services? how can I extract the
services from the index?

I was thinking of IndexReader.terms() but I think because of using
WhitespaceAnalyzer it returns word by word terms, but I need terms per
document,
if we consider a SQL , select distinct service_name from table_name

is there a way to tackle this problem?

--
Regards,
Mohammad