Hi Mohammad,

WhitespaceAnalyzer uses Java's Character.isWhitespace(char) method to
determine whether or not a character should be part of a token.  As far
as I know, this method is problematic only for characters outside of the
Basic Multilingual Plane (BMP).  I think Lucene should switch to using
the int-based character methods, to support characters outside of the BMP.

Arabic characters are all in the BMP[1][2][3][4], so this method should
work properly.  The only Arabic or Persian characters I can find outside
of the BMP are in the Old Persian block[5], [ U+103A0 - U+103DF ], but
this is ancient cuneiform - are you really dealing with digital
cuneiform documents?

I suspect that you are using WhitespaceAnalyzer as the basis for a more
sophisticated tokenizer - if this is true, you may want to check out the
tokenizer in the AraMorph project[6][7].  (The AraMorph stemmer probably
will not serve your needs, though, since Persian and Arabic have
different lexicons and grammars.)

Hope it helps,
Steve

[1] Arabic: http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U0600.pdf