On 5/24/07, Carlos Pita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Yes Erick, that's fine. But the fact is that I'm not sure whether the next
added document will have an id equal to maxDocs.

Yes.  The highest docId will always be the last document added, and
docIds are never re-arranged with respect to each other.

So if you do an addDocument(), it will have an id of maxDoc()-1
*But* beware of renumbering caused by squeezing out of deleted docs on
segment merges, as I mentioned in the last message.

-Yonik