Are you opening the IndexSearcher every time you query? This is a costly operation.

-Grant

On Jun 28, 2007, at 12:03 PM, Nott wrote:

I  have an index in one file that has a size of abt 18GB of data
When i run some queries on Luke the response comes in < 40 ms but the same
when I use IndexSearcher gives me in 300ms -600 ms
Any suggestions ?
The code i use is
                  File indexFile = new File(fileName);
FSDirectory dir = FSDirectory.getDirectory (indexFile);
                   indexSearcher =new IndexSearcher(dir);
                  hits = indexSearcher.search(query);