What is your output? I'd expect it to go down. What are you seeing?

Erick

On 6/29/07, Nott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi
I even tried  like this . But I'm not getting any benfifts.  How to use
Expert Search can you assist ?

                   File indexFile = new File(fileName);
                    FSDirectory dir = FSDirectory.getDirectory(indexFile);
                    indexSearcher =new IndexSearcher(dir);
int i =0;
while (i < 10)
{
long startime = System.currentMilliTimes();
hits = indexSearcher.search(query);
long endTime= System.currentMilliTimes();
print ("TOTAL TIME TAKE : " + (endTime-startTime));
}

Bharath