This is an interesting choice. Perhaps you have modified
LuceneIndexAccessor, but it seems to me (without knowing much about your
setup) that you would have odd reader behavior. On a 3 node system, if you
add docs with node 1 and 2 but not 3 and your doing searches against all 3
nodes, node 3 will have old readers opened until you add a doc to node 3.
This is an odd consistency issue (node 1 and 2 have current views because
you are adding docs to them, but node 3 will be stale until it gets a doc),
but also if you keep adding docs to node 1 and 2, or just plain add no docs
to node 3, won't node 3's reader's index files be pulled out from under it
after 10 minutes? Node 3 (or 1 and 2 for that matter) will not give up its
cached readers *until* you add a doc with that particular node.

Perhaps I am all wet on this (I havn't used NFS with Lucene), but I think
you may need to somehow coordinate the delete policy with the
LuceneIndexAccessor on each node.

This may be unrelated to your problem,and perhaps you get around the issue
somehow, but just to throw it out there...

- Mark