: We are sharing a Lucene index in a Linux cluster over an NFS share.  We have
: multiple servers reading and writing to the index.
:
: I am getting regular lock exceptions e.g.
: Lock obtain timed out:
:
NativeFSLock@/mnt/nfstest/repository/lucene/lock/lucene-2d3d31fa7f19eabb73d692df44087d81-n-write.lock

Perhaps i'm missing something, but i thought NativeFSLock was not suitable
for NFS? ... or is is this what "lockd" provides? (my NFS knowledge is
very out of date)

: - We are using kernel NFS and lockd is running.
: - We are using a modified version of the ExpirationTimeDeletionPolicy

-Hoss