Hi All,

I am developing a search tool using lucene. I am using lucene 2.1.

i have a requirement to highlight query words in the results.
.Lucene-highlighter 2.1 doesn't work well in highlighting phase query.

For example - if i have a query string "lucene Java" .It highlights
not only occurrences of "lucene java" but occurrences of lucene and
java too in the text.

I think, this is a known problem..is this issue solved in lucene 2.2.
well my application is almost complete and i really don't wanna switch
to lucene 2.2.

I was going through previous posts but i couldn't find a solution of
this problem. There r some alternate highlighter s but it seems, they
r not stable and still in evolution phase.

I am looking for a standard n stable API for this purpose..

I'd appreciate any thoughts/guidance in this issue.

Thanks
Sandeep

--
SANDEEP CHAWLA