I'm now looking at using payloads with SpanNearQuery but I don't see any
clear way of getting the payload(s) from the matching span terms. The term
positions for the payloads seem to be buried beneath SpanCells in the
NearSpansOrdered and NearSpansUnordered classes, which are not public. I'd
be content to be able to get the payload from just the first term of the
span.

Can anyone suggest an approach for making payloads work with SpanNearQuery?

Peter