I have a question about the way fields are analyzed and inverted by the
index writer. Currently, if a field has multiple occurrences in a document,
each occurrence is analyzed separately (see DocumentsWriter.processField).
Is it safe to assume that this behavior won't change in the future? The
reason I ask is that my custom analyzer's 'tokenStream' method creates a
custom filter which produces a payload based on the existence of each field
occurrence. However, if DocumentsWriter was changed and combined all the
occurrences before inversion, my scheme wouldn't work.  Since payloads are
created by filters/tokenizers, it helps to keep things flexible.

Thanks,
Peter