From: makkhar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 2:26 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Getting only the Ids, not the whole documents.

Hi all,

   Can I get just a list of document Ids given a search criteria ? To
elaborate here is my situation:

I store 20000 contracts in the file system index each with some
parameterName and Value. Given a search criterion -
(paramValue='draft'). I
need to get just an ArrayList of Strings containing contract Ids. I dont
need the lucene documents, just the Ids.

Can this be done ?

-thanks