What I do is

Doc1 = source_doc
Doc2 = new Document()
foreach (field f in doc1.getfields) {
Doc2.Add(new Field(doc1.getField(key), doc1.getField(value));
}

but when i pull the fields from Doc1, i never get the tokenized field..
it just doesnt appear.

so my question is -- i can see that field in the index, and search
against it, but how do i transfer it to a different index?

(PS: The above is pseudo-code... not syntax)