On 13-Sep-07, at 12:37 PM, Dan Luria wrote:

What I do is

Doc1 = source_doc
Doc2 = new Document()
foreach (field f in doc1.getfields) {
Doc2.Add(new Field(doc1.getField(key), doc1.getField(value));
}

but when i pull the fields from Doc1, i never get the tokenized field..
it just doesnt appear.

so my question is -- i can see that field in the index, and search
against it, but how do i transfer it to a different index?

(PS: The above is pseudo-code... not syntax)

indexed document fields are not stored anywhere. There are bits and pieces of the document all over the place (this is the nature of an inverted index).

You can (quite time-consumedly) reconstruct by iterating over the whole index. I think luke can do this.

-Mike