Solr has an issue outstanding right now that implements something that may be close to what you want. They are calling it Field Collapsing. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-236

-Grant

On Nov 5, 2007, at 12:57 AM, Marcus Herou wrote:

Hi.

I have a situation where I'm searching amongst some 100K feeds and only want one result per site in return. I have developed a really simple method of grouping which just scrolls through the resultset(hitset) until a maxNum docs of feeds from a set of unique sites is populated. Since I don't wanna reinvent the wheel, I want to know if Lucene has something like this built. I as well will use Solr soon and then my own homecooked recipe will not work
so I really need a standard way of doing this.

I know Nutch has something like it called depupField which default is set to
2.

Anyone?

Kindly

//Marcus

--
Marcus Herou Solution Architect & Core Java developer Tailsweep AB
+46702561312

Grant Ingersoll
http://lucene.grantingersoll.com

Lucene Boot Camp Training: