: Well, the javadocs as patched at LUCENE-584 try to change all
: the cases of zero scoring to 'non matching'.

I'm very out of the loop on LUCENE-584, but i think supporting scores <= 0
is an important use case that shouldn't go away ... it makes
CustomScoringQueries a lot morepowerful, and easier to understand.

if nothing else, we want to ensure that
if...
  search("+foo^0 bar baz yak") => returns X results
then...
  search("foo^0") => returns the same X results even if all scores are 0

-Hoss