Hi Nicolas,

Why can't you extend the QueryParser and override the methods you want to modify?

Cheers,
Matthijs

Nicolas Lalevée wrote:
Hi,

I am willing to have a query parser which is fault tolerant. I have search over the archive, and I have found this :
http://www.nabble.com/Error-tolerant-query-parsing-tf108987.html#a300382

I also want my parser to have very simple feature : phrase search and field search. So I need to develop a simple query parser myself : not that hard, a simple state machine will be the trick.

But here I loose an important feature of the Lucene query parser : creating queries regarding an analyzer. In fact I loose that very usefull function :
http://lucene.zones.apache.org:8080/hudson/job/Lucene-Nightly/javadoc/org/apache/lucene/queryParser/QueryParser.html#getFieldQuery(java.lang.String,
%20java.lang.String)

So is there any proper way to create a custom query parser without duplicating the code ?

cheers,
Nicolas