Hi,
  Looking into older threads and some googling i came across some codes
where boosting is done at the time of indexing using time gap from 'epoch'
or a *base time*. With this approach what I am afraid of is that over a
period of time the boosting factor may go up and I may loose the relevence
factor of other fields.
    Any thoughts on this?

Prabin