On Tuesday 01 January 2008 22:24:53 Mark Miller wrote:
> I believe that, in general, you'll find that ParallelMultiSearcher is

You believe or you know? And if you know why is there a ParallelMultiSearcher
at all? :)

And I still wonder why everybody belives and finds out on his own why isn't
there are comprehensive collection of common knowledge and best practices for
lucene out there?

> much slower than just using a MultiSearcher. ParralelMultiSeacher is of
> use when you can put the different indexes on separate hard drives or

Well, the index might not be on different HDs but *of couse* we're talking
about multiple hard drives (at least some RAID, in my case it's some
expensive netapp, however I don't know which one exactely but I can find
out...).