<<< would like to find out why my application has this big
delay to index>>>

Well, then you have to measure <G>. Tthe first thing I'd do
is pinpoint where the time was being spent. Until you have
that answered, you simply cannot take any meaningful action.

1> don't do any of the indexing. No new Documents, don't
add any fields, etc. This will just time the PDF parsing.
(I'd run this for set number of documents rather than the
whole 10G). This'll tell you whether the issue is indexing or
PDFBox.

2> Perhaps try the above with local files rather than files
on the nfs mount.

3> Put back some of the indexing and measure each
step. For instance, create the new documents but don't
add them to the index.

4>Then go ahead and add them to the index.

The numbers you get for these measurements will tell
you a lot. At that point, perhaps folks will have more useful
suggestions.

The reason I'm being so unhelpful is that without lots more
detail, there's really nothing we can help with since there
are so many variables that it's just impossible to say
which one is the problem. For instance, is it a single
10G document and you're swapping like crazy? Are you
CPU bound or IO bound? Have you tried profiling your
process at all to find the choke points?

Best
Erick