Hi all,

I'm using the new payloads feature to assign types to tokens as I index. The type is based on the surrounding text in the document, and I want to filter my searches based on this token type.

For example, I may index the token "house" maybe found in different places with different types. If the user query contains house, I want to report the number of instances of the token house of type A, type B and so on.

Should I be using payloads for this? If so, I'd like to be able to count up all the instances of for each type. Then I can show the results, along with TypeA (100 hits), TypeB (1000 hits) so on.

If I could use something like HitCollector that was passed in the token payload, that would be perfect, but it doesn't support that. Any thoughts on how to go about this? Also, if I want to only allow tokens of TypeB, how can I efficiently filter by TypeB; using a Similarity subclass seems like a hack.

Thanks in advance,
--
Matt