On Tuesday 19 February 2008 21:08:59 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> 1. IndexSearcher with a MultiReader will search the indexes
> sequentially?

Not exactly.  It will fuse the indexes together such that things like TermEnum
will merge the ones from the real indexes, and will search using those
composite enumerations.

> 2. ParallelMultiSearcher searches in parallel. How is this
> done? One thread per index?
> When will it return? When the slowest search is fineshed?

That's what the code seems to indicate.

> 3. When I have to search indexes created with different
> analyzers (maybe a french and a german analyzer), I have to search them
> separately by my own?

Different analysers means a different query parser for each index.  If the
resulting Query object is the same for all indexes though, there's no
problem.  The problem occurs when the query does get rewritten by a filter.

That being said, doing a parse query / search in parallel isn't exactly
difficult.  Look at how ParallelMultiSearcher does it and copy it.

Daniel