: Thanks for the advice Chris.  What I am working on now is extracting the
: matching phrases.  The current code for MultiPhraseQuery and SpanQueries
: just return all matching terms, not matching phrases.  I implemented some
: code matching up the TermPositions, but this is pretty slow.  Is there any
: way to actually get the matching phrases more efficiently?

Uh ... i'm really not sure what you mean.  a (Multi)PhraseQuery or a
SpanNearQuery will in ensure that the terms appear as a "phrase" within
the specified amount of slop .. what exactly isn't working for you?

can you write it as a unit test?

-Hoss