On Jun 12, 2008, at 6:39 AM, Michael McCandless wrote:

Hi Grant,

My stress test is unable to reproduce this exception, either. I'm adding Wikipedia docs to an index, using a high merge factor, then opening a new writer with low merge factor (5) and calling optimize. This forces concurrent merges to run during the optimize.

One more question: are your docs uniform? Or, for example, do some of them have stored fields while others do not?

They are uniform. I really wouldn't spend more time on it until I can report on seeing it again. I was just hoping it would help w/ Paul's issue and maybe spur something.