Hi,

I ran into a very strange situation regarding document retrieval slowness and
want to get some advice urgently.

I have 2 FSDirectory indexes each with size about 500M. I have 2 parallel
search threads fetching 200 documents from these 2 indexes which usually take
less then 16ms. However, everytime afer some heavy disk operations (such as
copy 1G size of a file into that disk) , the document retrieval slows down to
couple seconds immediately, even well after this disk operation being finished
for a long time. It appears Lucene could never resume to it's original speed
and I have to restart by application inorder to get it normal.

Anybody has encountered similiar problems?