I think you're off base a little. Lucene defaults to 1,024 boolean clauses
as the maximum number allowed. There is an implied boolean between
each term no matter what. Removing OR, AND, NOT doesn't change
that in the least. That is,
term1 term2 term3
is equivalent to
term1 OR term2 OR term3

So removing the booleans is having no effect on the error. The fact
that you have over 2,000 terms is the issue.

But you can change the number by BooleanQuery.setMaxClauseCount

Best
Erick