Is there some sort of a scaling strategies listing available? I think there is a Wiki page missing.

What are the typical promblems I'll encounter when distributing the search over multiple machines?

Do people split up their index per node or do they use the complete index and restrict what part to search in using filters? The latter would be good for the scores, right? Then how do I calculate the cost in speed for the score with better quality? I mean, splitting the index in two and searching on two machines using ParallelMultiSearcher probably means that I'll get something like 30% speed improvement and not 100%. Or?

Is there something to win by using multiple threads each restricted to a part each of the same index on a single machine, compared to a single thread? Or is it all I/O? That would mean there is something to gain if the index was on SSD or in RAM, right?

      karl